Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation, May 15-17, 2017 International scientific and practical conference “RUSSIA AND ISLAMIC WORLD: DIRECTIONS OF COOPERATION AND SEARCH FOR AN ANSWER TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR MODERN-DAY WORLD”
27.03.2017 GROUP OF STRATEGIC VISION “RUSSIA – ISLAMIC WORLD”
RUSSIAN FOUNDATION FOR BASIC RESEARCH
TATARSTAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
CENTER FOR ISLAMIC STUDIES OF TATARSTAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES (CIS AS RT)
Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation, May 15-17, 2017
International scientific and practical conference “RUSSIA AND ISLAMIC WORLD: DIRECTIONS OF COOPERATION AND SEARCH FOR AN ANSWER TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR MODERN-DAY WORLD”
Within the framework of the Event, we plan to discuss the common and the specific in cultural, religious, social and political development of Islamic world, uniqueness of the public spaces of its central and peripheral parts. Special attention will be paid to the issues concerning the circulation of radical ideas inside the Islamic ‘ecumene’, thoughts and practices of the traditional forms of Islam in historical perspective, as well as to the cooperation of Islam with other confessions (Christianity, Judaism and others).
Several panel discussions and sections will be held during this conference:
1. Islamic world in condition of global transformations;
2. Challenge of radicalism in context of strategic relations between CIS countries and Islamic world;
3. Historical and contemporary linkages between Russia (CIS) and Islamic world;
4. Civilizational aspects of interreligious dialogue between Islam and Orthodox Christianity;
5. Cooperation between Russia and Islamic world within the scope of young researchers.
The participants and guests are supposed to have a cultural program and excursions to local sights. We are looking for sociologists, historians, religious scholars, political scientists, Islamic scholars and other professional and semi-professional scholars to take part in the scientific discussion on declared topics.
Conference proceedings will be published. Deadline for Applications (Application form in Appendix 1) – April 20. Deadline for Papers (Guidelines in Appendix 2) – May 31.
Primary session on May, 15 will be held: Kazan, Bauman st. 20, Academy of Sciences of Republic of Tatarstan, Assembly Hall, 2nd floor. Start at 10.00 A.M.
Application form For participation in International Scientific and Practical Conference “Russia and Islamic World: Directions of Cooperation and Search For an Answer to the Challenges of Our Modern-day World”
Name and surname of participant _______________________________________________
Academic degree _____________________________________________________________
Title of thesis _______________________________________________________________
Organization committee reserves the right to publish the selected materials. Traveling expenses (travel and accommodation) to fewer participants are provided by Organization committee.
We regard to inform beforehand about the need for Internet or other equipment.
Guidelines for the Research Paper:
Papers are accepted via e-mail in softcopy (formatted in .doc or .rtf) only. Each manuscript should
be typed (Times New Roman, regular, font size: 14, justified, with 1,5 spacing, margins 2sm, indentation – 1,25 sm). The length of the manuscript should be no more than 20 000 symbols, Footnotes and references, as well as bibliography, are recommended and should follow Russian national standards GOST (ГОСТ) 7.1–2003. Title, abstract (50 words) and key words (no more than 15) must be sent in Russian and English; Universal Decimal Classification required.
1. Budge I. 1994. A New Spatial Theory of Party Competition: Uncertainty, Ideology and Policy Equilibria Viewed Comparatively and Temporally. - British Journal of Political Science. Vol. 24. P. 443-467.doi:10.1017/S0007123400006955
2. De Neve J.-E. 2011. The Median Voter Data Set: Voter Preferences across 50 Democracies. - Electoral Studies. Vol. 30. P. 865-871. doi:10.1016/j.electstud.2011.09.005
3. Ezrow L., De Vries C., Steenbergen M., Edwards E. 2010. Mean voter representation and partisan constituency representation: Do parties respond to the mean voter position or to their supporters? -Party Politics. Vol. 17. № 3. P. 275-301.doi: 10.1177/1354068810372100
4. Golosov G. 2011. Party system classification: A methodological inquiry. - Party Politics. Vol. 17, №
5. P. 539-560. doi: 10.1177/1354068810377189
6. Kim H., Fording C. 2003. Voter ideology in Western democracies: An update. -European Journal of Political Research. Vol. 42. P. 95-105.doi/10.1111/1475-6765.00076
7. Reynolds A., Reilly B., Ellis A. Electoral System Design: The New International IDEA Handbook. URL: http://www.citizensassembly.gov.on.ca/en-CA/docs/Intermediate/IDEA%20Handbook.pdf (accessed 03.09.2016).
If you have any questions, you can proceed them to the Organization committee:
1. Director of CIS AS RT Pateev Rinat (firstname.lastname@example.org);
2. Office assistant Gibadullina Milyausha, 8-906-114-33-72 (email@example.com).